Thursday, May 28, 2015

Big News

My PhD is finally done! Today I received leave to supplicate and permission to book my graduation ceremony. My institution is a funny place, so my graduation ceremony may not actually happen until next year because they book out so quickly!! But, nevertheless, it is done! I'm a doctor!

As readers of this blog are aware, the journey from submission - viva - corrections - resubmission was a bit of an ordeal and looked like this:

My corrections were approved a few weeks ago, but I couldn't announce it until the faculty formally approved by examiners recommendations. But it feels so good to be able to say it now! Now all I have to do is print out the thesis, get it hardbound, and deposit it in the library! 

But right now this is how I feel!

2 comments:

  1. I know this is late in the day but congratulations! I started reading your post on corrections and was keen to see how long it took for the examiners to get back to you. I am in a similar boat having submitted corrections 3 weeks ago. It is indeed very frustrating the waiting and wondering if it will ever end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I submitted my corrections in mid-February 2015 and didn't hear anything for ages. When I originally submitted my thesis, the university had a regulation to say that examiners had 4 weeks to get in touch with you. No such rule applies to re-submissions. By mid-April I nagged the department and the examiners finally got in touch. I got the finally ok at the beginning of May so nearly 3 months in total.

      It will end, I can promise you that! But if you hit the 2 month mark and still have had no contact, then I would start to push for information!

      Delete

Please add your comments below. Comments are moderated for spam and offensive language.