Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Gratitude

I have decided to close the Honest PhD survey now that responses have exceeded 200, with a range of respondents across disciplines and continents. However, if you are desperate to have your say, please email me at the address below and I will send you a custom link to the survey.

After your efforts, it is now down to me to do justice to your frank, honest, and humbling comments about your experiences either as a former PhD student or one still on the journey.

I can only say thank you for the immense response to the survey, and the enthusiasm with which you all took to it. I know the survey design wasn't perfect in places, but I truly appreciate those who participated and those who shared the survey with others.

I want to take a brief moment to reassure participants that your anonymity is paramount. While names were purposefully not included, I appreciate that some of the scenarios described could identify you to friends and colleagues in the future. Some of you have highlighted these to me already; others I will judiciously edit to ensure that they are as general as possible. As always, discretion and sensitivity is at the forefront of my approach to this book.

Should you have any concerns, feel free to email me at whelanfi@gmail.com.

Thanks a million,
Fiona 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below. Comments are moderated for spam and offensive language.