Thursday, December 3, 2015

The 12 Days of PhD-Xmas

Just a bit of fun really, but as we are fast coming up on Christmas, here are 12 things which my PhD has given to me. Send your lists to me at whelanfi@gmail.com and I will put them in a post or simply add them to the comments yourself! 

Happy December!

On the first day of Christmas my PhD gave to me:
  • 12 medieval manuscripts to study in seven different libraries
  • 11 moments of self-doubt and imposter syndrome
  • 10 different classroom lessons delivered
  • 9 unachievable terms as a deadline (aka completion in 3 years)
  • 8 various presentations (conferences, seminars, etc.)
  • 7 gruelling thesis chapters
  • 6 college balls attended
  • 5 days in Paris for research (and fun!)
  • 4 long hard but mostly enjoyable years
  • 3 different vivas (between upgrades and the final viva)
  • 2 publications
  • 1 hard-earned title of 'Dr' which I couldn't have achieved without the support of family and friends!

What about you?! And if you haven't finished, what has the PhD given you?
Send me yours, and maybe we can compile a lovely list to release on December 25th!


www.phdcomics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below. Comments are moderated for spam and offensive language.